The Realme XT smartphone has been recently launched. It features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chipset, 4/6/8 GB of RAM and an in-display fingerprint scanner. Realme XT runs on Android OS v9.0 (Pie) and is equipped with a Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable battery. The very first thing you will notice is the 6.4-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080x24340px. SAMOLED technology is widely used in smartphones for its gorgeous colour reproduction and very deep blacks.
Realme XT – PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Realme XT has a 4GB as well as an 8GB version. Our experience with the latter was evidently better while surfing the web with multiple open tabs and playing graphic intensive games like PUBG and COD (Call of Duty). So if you are interested to stream or record your gameplays then we suggest you go for the 8GB version for an overall better experience.
- Brand – Realme
- Model name – Realme XT
- Release date – 2019
- Available colours – Pearl Blue & Pearl White
- RAM – 4/6/8 GB
- Operating system – Android OS v9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 SOC (Octa-Core, 10nm processor)
- CPU – Octa-core, Dual-core 2.2 GHz Kryo, Hexa-core 1.7 GHz Kryo
The screen is very bright and has good visibility outdoors. The 6.4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen is capable of multi-touch at 1080 x 2340px resolution. We did not notice any lag while scrolling through the phone. It comes with Gorilla Glass back cover unlike the previous Realme phones which had plastic polycarbonate backs on which scratches were pretty evident (not so pretty).
- Technology – Super AMOLED
- Protection type – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Aspect ratio – 19.5:9
- Size – 6.4 inches’ dew-drop Full HD
- Weight: Approx. 183g (with battery)
- Resolution – 1080 x 2340-pixel resolution at 402 ppi
- Multi-touch – Yes
- Internal storage – 64GB/128GB
- External storage – Up to 256GB
The phone features a flagship-level 64MP AI Quad Camera. It has Electric Image Stabilization to combat camera shake while recording videos that delivers a Gimbal-like video production. Although, like any other smartphone, XT will click pictures with the usual 16MP in auto mode and the 64MP resolution will be available when you select the ‘Ultra Mode’ from the settings which adds even more detail to the picture. Both the cameras perform well in artificial lighting conditions with accurate colors. The phone is prone to wobble a little due to the positioning of cameras on one side, but this can be easily fixed with a good phone cover.
- Front camera – Sony 16MP Front Camera
- Quad Rear camera – 64MP (f1.8) Samsung GW1 Sensor + 8MP (Wide-angle) + 2MP (Depth) + 2MP (Macro), 9248 x 6936px, Autofocus, Optical image stabilization.
- Flash – Double LED
- Video recording – 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p/720p HD video recording at 30fps/60fps, Slow motion up to 960fps, Electric image stabilization for front and rear camera.
- GSM – 850/ 900/ 1800/1900
- Headphone jack – Yes 3.5mm
- SIM card type – Nano SIM
- Mobile network – 2G/3G/4G and 4G+
- Wireless LAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth – V5.0, A2DP
- GPS – A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC – No
- FM Radio – Yes
- USB – USB Type-C
The Li-Po 4000 mAh, a non-removable battery provides a good backup battery for your smartphone with a VOOC 3.0 Charger which charges very quickly. If you are a casual user, the battery could last for around 1.5 days and 5-7 hours’ screen time. We can view the SOT (Screen on Time) from the settings.
The Realme XT did not fail to impress us at this price point. A functional smartphone with the latest technology and features.